CARES Act = Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act
Programs available to eligible Nevadans under the CARES Act:
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA)
PUA is available through December 26, 2020 to eligible individuals:
- 1099 contract workers
- Gig workers
- Employees whose wages are not reported for unemployment insurance
- Employees who have not earned enough wages or worked enough hours for regular unemployment benefits
- Individuals who were going to start work but could not due to COVID-19 pandemic
Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC)
This program has been implemented effective May 10, 2020. It is payable through December 31, 2020 to eligible claimants whose claims have been exhausted.
Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC)
Eligible individuals received an additional $600 per week in addition to their weekly benefit amount from another unemployment compensation program. The program ended July 25, 2020.
Lost Wages Assistance (LWA)
Lost Wages Assistance (LWA) provides an additional $300 per week to any “eligible claimant” affected by COVID-19 that is collecting benefits under the following programs:
- Unemployment Insurance (UI)
- State Extended Benefits (SEB)
- Trade Readjustment Allowance (TRA)
- Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC), and
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA)
To receive LWA, claimants must be unemployed due to COVID and be eligible to collect at least $100 benefits for UI, PEUC, PUA, SEB, or TRA for weeks ending 08/01/2020 to 09/05/2020.
LWA is payable beginning the week ending August 1, 2020 and will end the week ending September 05, 2020.